Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC)
To develop a collaborative forum for influencing decision-making and enhancement of quality educational services for students with educational disabilities in the Fountain-Fort Carson School District.
The goals of the SEAC are:
- Establish an effective parent/community/school district partnership that will include representation from each building in the Fountain-Fort Carson School District;
- Develop a core advisory council whose members are well informed about Special Education related issues;
- Provide educational/training opportunities to strengthen parent/community/educator understanding of issues related to Special Education; i.e., monthly newsletter, parent handbook, parent mentoring;
- Ensure meaningful participation opportunities for all aspects of Special Education programming;
- Provide suggestions/comments and other research data to assist with evaluation and enhancement of Special Education programming.